Monday, February 16, 2009
in the dreamtime
Dream-time: The time of the creation of the world in Australian Aboriginal mythology: "Aboriginal myths tell of the legendary totemic beings who wandered across the country in the Dreamtime . . . singing the world into existence" (Bruce Chatwin, Songlines).

---I dreamed you last night, remembering.

How did it make you feel when you woke?


Stripped like paint, laid bare like wood.

Like you uncover and navigate the erotic geography of my mind with language. Like you mark and uncover the songlines of my body by singing me into existence. The lift and fall of my orgasm, the call and response of your own. It goes like this, the fourth the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift....I dreamt you and the dreaming sang my desire into existence.


Your singing revealed the planes and curves, the hills and valleys of my body, the leap and fall of coming, the lift and rise of my breathing, the cleft in my sex and the fountain springing. You were the cartographer for the rise and fall of my wanting, you charted the dizzying steps to the heights and measured and marked the long slow plunge below.

I woke and thought of you between my thighs, drinking me like a river.

Labels: , ,

posted by O @ 14:28  

8 Comments:
  • At 16 February, 2009, Blogger Still A Bad Girl said…

    For some reason this post reminds me of part of an Adrienne Rich poem... part 2 of 21 Love Poems.

    II

    I wake up in your bed. I know I have been dreaming.
    Much earlier, the alarm broke us from each other,
    you've been at your desk for hours. I know what I dreamed:
    our friend the poet comes into my room
    where I've been writing for days,
    drafts, carbons, poems are scattered everywhere,
    and I want to show her one poem
    which is the poem of my life. But I hesitate,
    and wake. You've kissed my hair
    to wake me. I dreamed you were a poem,
    I say, a poem I wanted to show someone . . .
    and I laugh and fall dreaming again
    of the desire to show you to everyone I love,
    to move openly together
    in the pull of gravity, which is not simple,
    which carried the feathered grass a long way down the upbreathing air.

     
  • At 16 February, 2009, Blogger Frequent Traveler said…

    I hope he stays with you forever, O. He is so important to you...

     
  • At 16 February, 2009, Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said…

    Both of those (the post and the comment) are beautiful!

    I just wanted to remind you that the link for Sexy Tomatoes has changed to http://tragicbeautiful.com/sexy/ and that we are trying to resurrect it. Can you update your links please?

     
  • At 16 February, 2009, Blogger Aurore said…

    Eloquent as always O.

     
  • At 17 February, 2009, Blogger A Sinful Affair said…

    Beautiful pretty lady. Drink me like a river is absolutely hot!

     
  • At 17 February, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe I’ve been here before
    I know this room, I’ve walked this floor
    I used to live alone before I knew you
    I’ve seen your flag on the marble arch
    love is not a victory march
    It’s a cold and it’s a broken hallelujah

    May be stealing this for a future post...OK?

    Bless you dear O...this is a precious reminder of our love and humanity.

     
  • At 18 February, 2009, Blogger Brother Tobias said…

    That's good writing, O. Thanks for visiting me. Now I am exploring your your creative past. I may be some time.

     
  • At 18 February, 2009, Blogger Dangerous Lilly said…

    I both love and hate my dreams of my Sir - they are at once detailed and hazy, seared into my mind but quickly fading into the ether.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
CV

Name: O
See my profile

Doncha wish your girlfriend were a geek like me?

About this blog, here

RSS: find me here
memory

capitalist tools

newest links
sponsers

eye candy

more gin than tonic
more salt than vinegar
more rock than lobster
more think than kink
O, elsewhere

Featured Artist: August 2006
I'm Feelin' the Love
Your writing in the other hand [sic] is pure filth and disgusting. Private Email

Don't read this blog if you gave up poetry with college. Sugarclick

People don't "Get" [sic] obscure litterary [sic] references.[. . .] Email from a 'fan'.(sick)

You're a little slow on the uptake. Email from an "abscent" friend.

[. . .] a vision I have basely used to attain my own personal sexual nirvana. Chelsea Girl

Creamilicious! Marcella, SweetSpicy News

featured on:
    October 13, 2006

    Thanks Chelsea Girl

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

other links

Sex Blog Directory

Sex Blog Toplist

more meta

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by The Moon, B and I

Creative Commons License

hits counter