Monday, September 11, 2006
Five Years
About suffering they were never wrong,
The Old Masters: how well they understood
Its human position; how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully
along


Five years on and I can't talk about it easily or well. If you lived or worked downtown you smelled it for weeks and you could see it for that long too; a dirty hellish smouldering glow down Broadway. The next day even midtown was like a ghost town, eerie and deserted in the middle of rush hour. Far uptown was like another world, people were still walking along and laughing and eating lunch. But when a helicopter flew overhead everyone fell silent, we looked up.

I needed to write something about it; I could not write well and still cannot.

Some months later someone said to me, I am so glad they found his body, wasn't that lucky, she has his wedding ring now. We knew what had happened but couldn't tell her---they never found all of him.

An ordinary man I knew but not well, father of three.

Who has left this hole in the ground?

My brain hurt like a warehouse, had no room to spare
I had to cram so many things to store everything in there
posted by O @ 10:43  

2 Comments:
  • At 11 September, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    I too remember. Ever detail. Thoughts to share- makes us stronger together.

     
  • At 12 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart is with you today, as every day... but today it breaks anew.

    Thinking of you.

    Minx

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
CV

Name: O
See my profile

Doncha wish your girlfriend were a geek like me?

About this blog, here

RSS: find me here
memory

capitalist tools

newest links
sponsers

eye candy

more gin than tonic
more salt than vinegar
more rock than lobster
more think than kink
O, elsewhere

Featured Artist: August 2006
I'm Feelin' the Love
Your writing in the other hand [sic] is pure filth and disgusting. Private Email

Don't read this blog if you gave up poetry with college. Sugarclick

People don't "Get" [sic] obscure litterary [sic] references.[. . .] Email from a 'fan'.(sick)

You're a little slow on the uptake. Email from an "abscent" friend.

[. . .] a vision I have basely used to attain my own personal sexual nirvana. Chelsea Girl

Creamilicious! Marcella, SweetSpicy News

featured on:
    October 13, 2006

    Thanks Chelsea Girl

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

other links

Sex Blog Directory

Sex Blog Toplist

more meta

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by The Moon, B and I

Creative Commons License

hits counter