Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Io, Saturnalia!
Yo, Saturnalia!
It is now the month of December, when the greatest part of the city is in a bustle. Loose reins are given to public dissipation; everywhere you may hear the sound of great preparations, as if there were some real difference between the days devoted to Saturn and those for transacting business....Were you here, I would willingly confer with you as to the plan of our conduct; whether we should eve in our usual way, or, to avoid singularity, both take a better supper and throw off the toga. --Seneca

I hope everyone is casting aside their togas and indulging in the pleasures of the season, whatever those might be.

Here's a poem from Catullus, oddly appropriate for my own Calvus, who knows why:

Calvus, if I didn't love you more than my own eyes,

I'd hate you for this morning's gift.


What have I done, what have I said? --


Gods! a horrible and a deadly volume!


Sent so faithfully, friend, to thy Catullus,


Just to kill him.

And on this very day, the festive
Saturnalia, best of all the season.

Labels: , , ,

posted by O @ 19:40  

2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
CV

Name: O
See my profile

Doncha wish your girlfriend were a geek like me?

About this blog, here

RSS: find me here
memory

capitalist tools

newest links
sponsers

eye candy

more gin than tonic
more salt than vinegar
more rock than lobster
more think than kink
O, elsewhere

Featured Artist: August 2006
I'm Feelin' the Love
Your writing in the other hand [sic] is pure filth and disgusting. Private Email

Don't read this blog if you gave up poetry with college. Sugarclick

People don't "Get" [sic] obscure litterary [sic] references.[. . .] Email from a 'fan'.(sick)

You're a little slow on the uptake. Email from an "abscent" friend.

[. . .] a vision I have basely used to attain my own personal sexual nirvana. Chelsea Girl

Creamilicious! Marcella, SweetSpicy News

featured on:
    October 13, 2006

    Thanks Chelsea Girl

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

other links

Sex Blog Directory

Sex Blog Toplist

more meta

Free Blogger Templates

Modified by The Moon, B and I

Creative Commons License

hits counter